Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just an Update

So, it's been a while. I keep getting requests for an update so here we go.

The thrift shop has been open about a month now. We're doing great. New customers and people pop in all the time, and we already have quite a bit of regulars. Sorry I haven't been updating lately but I have been super busy. I finally have the store up and running successfully. And have 1 part time helper (my mom who works from 2-6 on Tues to Fri. And starting this upcoming week, I will have my handsome boyfriend as a full timer).

We are closed on labor day, but after that we will be open again from Monday - Friday 10am to 6pm, and Saturday 10am - 4pm. I have been back on the ball with my eBay although there isn't a lot listed right now, I have a bunch of things I will be listing in this upcoming week. Feel free to check out the ebay store Heather's Secret Treasures http://www.HeathersSecretTreasures.com

We have been getting alot of donations so that has helped out tremendously. We are in need of donations of hangers at this time. Adults and childrens, mostly adults. I would like to add a specific section for the undies & bras so lingerie hangers are welcome as well. Right now there are all in a bin, I think hanging them will be much easier for people to look through.

I saw a great article (I think it was on the MSN site?, can't remember, but I copied part of it. It's about things that are better bought used than new. Here is the list"
8 THINGS THAT ARE BETTER TO BUY USED;
BOOKS
CD'S / DVD'S
CHILDRENS TOYS
DESIGNER CLOTHES
JEWELRY
KITCHEN ITEMS
FURNITURE
VIDEO GAMES

And we have ALL of these items in our store!! How convenient huh? lol.
Our books consist of hundreds of titles and a vast assortment of types. Softcover is always .25 cents or 5 for $1, and hardcover are only .75 cents. New ones in EVERY WEEK!

Our cd's and dvd's are 1.99 with case, and those without a case (I have them neatly in ziploc bags to protect them are only.99 cents. I also have a TON of vhs / vcr tapes, all .99 cents each.

Childrens Toys - Tons of toys ALWAYS, starting at .10 each and going up to about a dollar.

Designer Clothes - We have tons of designer clothes too. Old Navy, Abercrombie, Aero, Victoria's Secret, Guess, Hollister, Ann Taylor, just about any brand you could think up, we have. In a large assortment of styles and sizes for men, women, juniors, kids, and plus.

Prices on clothing starts at around .25 cents up to about 5 bucks tops.

Jewelry is now in stock. We have alot of costume jewelry in, vintage and new, starting at .50 cents. We have some Park Lane jewelry starting at 5 bucks in NEW condition. Did I mention most of the costume jewelry has its original tags??~~

Kitchen items - we got it! Pots, pans, toasters, glasses, utensils, vintage and newer. Prices start at .25 cents and go up to about 3 bucks.

We don't carry a whole lot of furniture and what we have varies week to week, but right now we have a sofa for $15, a tv stand for 5 bucks, and i think we have an end table too. We usually get sofas, kitchen tables, chairs, recliners, rockers, beds, mattresses, baby stuff, etc..

Video Games - we have a small selection but they are all always 3.99 or less. Right now we have PS2 and Xbox games.

Thanks for reading, Peace! Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment